I am thankful for –
1. Mental health. I started this blog to remind myself (and you) that I have everything it takes to get through whatever I’m presented with, and I am not alone. Here’s to some progress in mental health education, awareness and support, and here’s to the great strides we’ll continue to make. Because mental health is more than the tangible, it’s the everyday state of your mind.
2. Being a better individual than I was yesterday, or last month, or last year. Go me!
3. Independence and learning about financial struggles…I mean responsibility.
4. Having struggles with my health, my relationships, my personal endeavors...for this has made me a stronger, wiser more life-loving individual.
5. Love….and heartbreak. There’s really nothing more beautiful.
6. Diversity. I have learned so much about life, love, strength and individualism from my friends and family….these consist of people of all sexualities, races and religions. I can’t imagine how boring my world would be with one type of religion, one type of race, and one type of person surrounding me.
7. Creativity. I don’t even know how to describe this. I’m thankful for my creative goals and skills. I’m thankful to learn creativity through the internet, so easily (thank you Pinterest, amiright?). I’m thankful for creative diversity and the awe it brings to the world.
8. People in my life supporting me to pursue a life, of my choosing, that makes me happy.
9. I’m thankful for all the things that I don’t even know are going to be in my life, brought to me, or happen to me in the future. There’s always so much to be thankful for now, but there’s also so much to look forward to.
10. People who are more successful, wiser, better than me. Because this motivates me to reach their level and be my best self.
11. This moment. Because no matter how mundane or unexciting, it’s proof that I am living.
12. I’m most grateful I live in circumstances that allow me to make a difference to make sure others can be grateful for the necessities I so easily take for granted. Want to donate with me today? Here are a list of overlooked things to be thankful for, and ways to share the wealth.
Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Hanukkah to you and yours.
PS. Today, I am also really grateful for contacts because my mom wants to take family pictures, and I look so much better without glasses on….and I have terrible eyesight. Thank you, optometry.